WEST PEORIA TOWNSHIP
THE TOWNSHIP OFFICE
IS NOW LOCATED AT:
2516 W. ROHMANN AV.
Office Hours are:
Tues Wed & Thurs
9 AM to 12 PM
The Township Meeting is held at the Township Officeon the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:30 PM
Robert De Sutter
James C. Dillon
Did you know?
Boy Scout Troop 11 in West Peoria has had 59 Eagle Scouts since 1943. The highest honor attained in the Boy Scout organization!
Peoria Township began in 1908 with J.H. Kingsburg as the Supervisor.
The beginning Township was considered Peoria Township. Only 25 families lived in Peoria in 1833, and by 1844 the population increased to 1,619.
The legislature passed a charter act incorporating the City of Peoria and gave the Township the name "Town of
Peoria. As the City of Peoria grew and incorporated more area, the original Town of Peoria, commonly referred to as “West Peoria”, receded in area.
This area today has its own Township Officials, maintains its own lighting district, and has its own fire district. To eliminate confusion between the name ‘City of Peoria’ and ‘Town of Peoria' on October 14, 1969, the ‘Town of Peoria’ legally became ‘West Peoria Township.’ The Township today encompasses approximately the same boundaries and included in the City of West Peoria.
The Township handles the general assistance needs of residents. Annual events include Government Day, Clean-Up Day in the spring and a Bike Rodeo Registration in August.
Please contact Bob DeSutter at 674-0462 or 674-6668 for West Peoria Bicycle Registration